We Believe That:
- All young adults go through a similar developmental process that requires certain activities, experiences & supports.
- All young adults must develop skills & understandings about themselves and the world around them, in order to fully participate in society and to become successful interdependent adults.
- Higher education has value as a vehicle for self-empowerment and access, to social networks, work & independence
- Liberal learning promotes the development of critical thinking, self- reflection, and a better understanding of the inter-relatedness required for civic responsibility.
- Group membership provides essential motivation and support for learning and participation in community life.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Career and Community Studies (CCS) Program at The College of New Jersey is to provide a coordinated and comprehensive course of study for young adults with intellectual disabilities that includes career exploration and preparation, self awareness, discovery and personal improvement, through a framework of liberal learning and community participation.