Post-Secondary Certificate Program
- Full-Time (4 Year) Certificate Program
- Two Semester Program, plus a Summer Session option
- Student Fees
- Core CCS coursework and Practicum/Internship experiences that are designed to promote student independence and reflect student interest.
- Student outcomes are documented and evaluated based on CCS student evaluations.
- Peer Mentorship Support
- Electronic Portfolio development
Eligibility / Admission Criteria
- Students must be at least 18-25 years
- Students must present a disability characterized by significant limitations both in intellectual functioning and in adaptive behavior as expressed in conceptual, social, and practical adaptive skills
- Students must present a means of communication including basic skills in functional literacy and numeracy
- Students must demonstrate appropriate student conduct to participate successfully in the program
- Students must demonstrate a strong desire to continue their education and have ability to benefit
- Application and supporting forms can be downloaded off of the webpage
- Complete and submit the application packet: (including a non-refundable application fee of $75.00) Student Information, Family Information, Educational History, Employment History, Medical History, Personal Support Inventory, Information Release/Exchange and Student Questionnaire
- Submit Educational Evaluations
- Submit High School Transcripts
- Submit (4) Letters of Recommendations
- Submit Health Form
- All Applicants who meet the eligibility requirement will be scheduled an interview
- Students will be notified of their Admission status by mail.
- Orientation for accepted students and their family occurs in June
- A deposit will be required for students accepted for fall term.
- Student Portfolio
- Certificate in Career & Community Studies from TCNJ
- Career/Employment Development
- On-going TCNJ Alumni Activities
- Community Integration