The Application Process for 2018-2019 Academic Year is Now Open.
Career & Community Studies is a college-based, liberal studies certificate program designed to prepare students (ages 18-25) for adult life through academic rigor, career discovery and preparation and peer socialization as part of a diverse community of learners. Students wanting to be considered for this program must present a disability that is characterized by significant limitations both in intellectual functioning and in adaptive behavior, seeking a post-secondary experience on a college campus and requires a strong system of supports. Students must be highly motivated young adults who have received extensive educational services in either public or private schools and would likely have considerable difficulty succeeding in a traditional college degree program.
Admission Criteria (see application form below)
- 18-25 years old
- Documentation of an Intellectual Disability
- Students must present a means of communication, including basic skills in functional literacy and numeracy
- Student conduct that demonstrates independence, motivation and stability
- A desire to continue ones education and have ability to benefit from a college based program
Student with Intellectual Disabilities
Refers to students with significant limitations, both in intellectual functioning and in adaptive behavior whose disability impacts their ability to access a general education curriculum thereby dictating a program focusing on the development of career exploration, community participation and life long liberal learning. These are young adults that require a strong system of supports and services.
- Complete application and submit to CCS program, including application fee (forms below)
- Submit documentation as requested on the application
- Documents/information will be review by CCS staff
- Applicant will be contacted via email to advise if an interview is granted
- If interview is granted, student and parent(s)/guardian(s) will attend interview
- Submit student essay (as discussed during interview)
First-time Applicant / Wait-list (Below)
2018-2019 Student Application CCS – click and print one set
Application Deadline: January 30, 2018 (Post-marked)
(After January 30th, applications are considered on a space-available basis)
Application Fee: Non-refundable $75.00
Interview Details: CCS Office will schedule interviews with applicants on an individual family basis.
Student Recommendation Form – click and print four
Transcript Request Form – click and print
2018-2019 Wait-list ONLY Student Application CCS – click and print if you are reapplying from last year’s alternate list
Application Deadline: December 4, 2017 (Post-marked)
Application Fee: NA
Interview Details: CCS Office will schedule visit/interview with applicants on an individual family basis.
*More details can be found: https://ccs.tcnj.edu/admissions/application/
1. Admissions committee will begin notifications in March. All applicants who are granted an interview will be contacted with their status.
2. Applicants who are accepted will be notified via telephone/mail (there is an early admission rolling acceptance for those who meet the requirements).
3. Due to the size of the program, signed acceptance letters and deposit will be due within ten business days of notification
4. All accepted students must attended an early summer student/family orientation on May 31st
5. Applicants who are wait listed will be notified by email/mail
6. Applicants who are not accepted will be notified by mail