Academics – Career Readiness – Student Life
Below are requirements for CCS Mentor Roles. Must…
- Currently enrolled in any major/school on the TCNJ campus (graduate/undergraduate)
- Be in good academic and financial standing
- Adhere to the TCNJ Student Conduct, Title IX, Academic Integrity and AVI policies
- Demonstrate upstanding social and academic skills
- Show a willingness to support different types of mentoring experiences
- Commit to arriving on time and to being prepared to engage with the student/employer/faculty
- follow CCS communication policies/requirements based on mentoring role(s)
- Attend trainings and meetings based mentoring role(s)
- Commit to full semester support
- Have a Current Drives License (only if applicable with mentor role)
Below are brief examples of CCS Mentoring Experiences. See the individual tabs for more details.
ACADEMIC: Support CCS students by providing access and guidance to college-level and CCS curriculum to students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Academic mentors vary in day -to -day roles including: Student Academic Coach, CCS Course Teaching Assistant, and/or Group Study Elective Mentor. Mentors supporting this area will receive training, coaching and support from the CCS Academic Coordinator.
CAREER READINESS: Support CCS students at on campus field placements and/or off campus internships. Assist with task analysis, job related accommodations/modifications and social skills development. Mentors supporting this area will receive training, coaching and support from the CCS Vocational Coordinator.
STUDENT LIFE: Support CCS students in becoming part of TCNJ’s “fiber” through meaningful and active participation in clubs, organizations, recreational sports and all that embodies being a TCNJ Lion. Mentors supporting this area will receive training, coaching and support from the CCS Student Life Coordinator.