Career and Community Studies Program Admissions
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Career & Community Studies (CCS) is a TCNJ college-based program for youth with intellectual disabilities ages 18-25. Our CCS students are admitted to the college within a specialized course of study for the purposes of completing a four-year liberal learning college experience with a focused outcome on career and employment.
The students that enter this highly competitive program have matriculated non-degree bearing status. Students who successfully complete this program will earn a certificate (sanctioned by The College of New Jersey) in Career and Community Studies.
- be between the ages 18-25
- turn 18 by December of their freshman year in the CCS Program.
- be 25 or under at the start of their freshman year in the CCS Program.
- have a significant intellectual disability and/or adaptive behavior limitations that would impact their ability to participate in a general post-secondary education curriculum (AAMR definition of Intellectual Disability).
- display sufficient emotional and independent stability to participate in all aspects of the CCS coursework and campus environment.
- demonstrate the ability to accept and follow the CCS student expectation policies and the TCNJ code of conduct.
- present a means of communication, including basic skills in functional literacy and numeracy.
- be interested in a collegiate based independent living experience.
- have a desire to continue their education and have ability to benefit from a college based program that focuses on career exploration/readiness, student/life community participation and life-long liberal learning.
Admission Application Process
CCS has four unique application processes.
Please identify the process that suits your status and click on the link for more application forms, supporting documents, interview process, deadlines and decision process.
Four Year Experience
• CCS Applicant– This is for an individual who A) has never applied to the CCS Program prior to this application B) offered wait list status but declined it or C) was declined.
DEADLINE for submission: 01/04/2021
Two Year Experience
• Articulation Applicant (2×2) -This is for an individual who successfully completed the Bergen Community College Turning Point Program, and would like to attend CCS @ TCNJ for a two year, residential life experience, entering as a CCS Junior.
DEADLINE for submission: 12/06/2020 (please note this is only applicable to Turning Point graduates)
TCNJ reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veterans.